Attend Events in Palm Springs: Coachella Packing List
For most of North America, summer starts with the June solstice. However, in Southern California, it begins with the Coachella Music Festival. Each April, the biggest names across genres come together to put on the best concerts in the Coachella Valley. Past years have featured prominent names in pop, such as Beyonce and Lady Gaga, as well as leading indie artists, like Bon Iver and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. That 2-weekend stint is full of the most fashionable summer outfits, delicious outdoor meals, and unforgettable musical performances. When you stay at Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs, Coachella is just a short drive away, and you can enjoy a soft bed, warm shower, and filling meal after each day spent in the Southern California sun. Here is our guide to a successful festival experience.
Palm Springs & Coachella Packing Lists
When you stay in our boutique hotel in California, you’ll have a safe place to store your things during the day. That means you can bring your favorite high heels for brunch without having to lug them to the festival. That also means you’ll have plenty of space to organize and pack up your necessities between Coachella Weekend 1 and 2.
Coachella Checklist for the Festival Itself
- The first item on your Coachella packing list is the most obvious, but it’s also the most important and easy to forget. Double and triple check that you packed your tickets. For Coachella, this is a 3-day wristband.
- Hydration is the name of the game in Palm Springs, Coachella, and all of Southern California. A plastic water bottle or hydration pack is the second most important item on this list. Metal and glass are not allowed in the festival. Be sure to drink plenty of water before leaving your Colony Palms Hotel room.
- In addition to your cell phone, bring a charging cord, block, and battery pack. You’ll need your phone to take photos, contact your travel group, and possibly catch an Uber home.
- You’ll want a bag or fanny pack. Coachella has a size limit of 20 inches tall, 15 inches wide, and 9 inches thick. The lockers tend to sell out, so try to fit everything into your bag.
- Umbrellas are not allowed, so opt for a parka or raincoat. Your rain gear can double as something to sit on while you eat.
- Cash, card, and ID kept in a secure place like a waterproof wallet. There are ATMs available, but it’s best to arrive prepared.
- Liquid or stick sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect your eyes and skin.
- While Coachella has bathrooms, you won’t want to wait in line each time your hands get dusty. Hand sanitizer or baby wipes will do the trick so that you don’t have to miss any of the music.
- Earplugs will allow you to hear the music without damaging your ears.
Coachella Packing List for the Plane and Hotel
- No plane ride is complete without a book. You might also want to read by the pool.
- If you’re attending Coachella weekend 1 and 2, you’ll have plenty of time during the week to explore Palm springs. Coachella is a casual event, but pack one dressy outfit for going out in our town, even if you just eat at Purple Palm.
- Spare contacts or medicines—if you have them. You never know when a contact lens will fall out, and you don’t want to miss out on the Palm Springs and Coachella fun because of blurry vision.
- Sandals and comfortable sneakers. In Palm Springs, you’ll spend equal amounts of time lounging by the pool and hiking through the gorgeous California scenery.
Skip Camping and Indulge at Boutique Hotels in California
After a day on your feet, the last thing you’ll want is to sleep on the ground or in a car. Luckily, Colony Palms Hotel is one of the best boutique hotels in California, and it’s just a short drive from the festival grounds. You can enjoy all the modern comforts of our hotel throughout your weekend of concerts in the Coachella Valley, without sacrificing proximity or convenience. Contact us to begin planning your Coachella experience!